As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you thinking of shaving your head? It’s good. Shaving removes the damaged hair and cleans your scalp.
However, when it comes to how to shave your head, it gets quite tricky, especially for those doing it for the first time. But we have a straight and simple guide to help you accomplish the goal. It’s about, how to shave your head with an electric razor?’ All by yourself.
As per dermatologists, using a good electric razor is excellent for a novice. And even for people who always get nicks and cuts.
So, let’s go through this quick guide to help you shave your head without any worries of razor bumps or irritation.
A Mindful Preparation Before Shaving Your Head
Having good quality tools and products is an essential step to get a safe and comfortable shave. So, here is a list of things you need to assemble before getting the hang on how to shave your head with an electric razor.
- Mirror – Shaving in the front of the mirror is the safest way when you are venturing in for the first time.
- Scissors – You will need scissors to get rid of long hair. This is important if your hair length is more than a centimeter.
- Electric Clippers (Optional) – You can use them to cut your hair down to stubble.
- Electric Shaver – The main tool to shave your head bald. But here ensure that you use a strong electric razor or electric head shaver that is designed explicitly for shaving head.
- Aftershave Lotion – There multiple benefits of using an aftershave lotion. In short, it moisturizes and disinfects the scalp and tightens the pores.
Pre-task Before Using the Electric Razor
Many prefer dry shaving using powder to lubricate the head before shaving. But mostly, hair experts recommend taking a good shower before the head shave. The electric razor will show some more generosity to your head.
Besides, after a shower, the pores open up, and the hair becomes softest and most pliable. This condition is favorable for an electric razor to pull the hair easily.
For Long Hair
After the shower is done, you need the scissors to cut the long hair. You have seen a barber cut your hair since childhood. So, more or less, you know how the process goes.
First of all, start cutting the longest hair strands. Now, start with the top and move to the sides. Take your time, and don’t rush. Be careful while you are removing hair around the ears. To be safe, cover the ears with your free hand and cut it in little snips. As you do this, keep your scissors working front to back.
The next step is to remove hair on the back. Here, start with the lower areas, cutting narrow strips of hair. Move your scissors from the lower area to the topside.
Once you are done with the job, use your fingers to sense the measure of work done. If there is still room for cutting hair, do it the way you feel comfortable.
Everything said you can also start with the area that you have better control over, as experts recommend.
For Buzzed Hair
But in a different situation, where you already have buzzed hair, you skip the above step. Go straight to getting your head wet with a small towel. Here is a quick process on what to do:
- Soak the towel in lukewarm water.
- Squeeze it out gently to let some amount of water stay in the towel. (A buzzed head needs a good amount of water to get the head wet).
- Now, wrap your head in the wet towel and let it sit for a few minutes. You can utilize the wait time to get ready with the tools and products listed above.
After a few minutes, you can remove the towel. This step will make the stubble absorb the water thoroughly and open the pores. Finally, you are ready to head for the complete shave.
Heading for A Complete Shave
Now you are all ready to get the bald look.
Step 1: Use the trimmer section of the electric razor
This part is fun, and you can finish it quickly. Take the trimmer section of the razor to the top of your head to get down to the stubble. Likewise, trim the hair from sides. Take concise movements to trim until you reach the stubble.
After both sides are done, move to the back of your head. Use your fingers to sense areas with long hair. This is the place you need to start with.
Those who have used scissors to cut the long strands can focus on areas where the scissors proved to be unsuccessful.
Step 2: Use the vibrating razor head of the electric razor
Now when you are done with the trimmer section, we have ultimately reached the final step.
In this second step, you are again using the same electric razor. But this time, you are switching to the vibrating razor heads.
Follow the same directions explained when trimming the hair with the trimmer section of the razor. Begin at the top and shave a narrow patch of stubble at a time. Don’t be hasty, and let the razor move gently downwards. Go slower in areas you feel are still a little thicker. Repeat the process until the head is completely shaved. Use your free hand to grasp the extent of smoothness as you go.
The next is your sides. Use the same technique as you did for the topside.
Now, the final area in the back. Start with the thicker stubble and move towards the thinner patches.
Do’s and Don’ts When Shaving Your Head with An Electric Razor Safely
- Check the condition of the skin beneath your hair. If you find some acne or rash, you need to take extra care before shaving it with an electric razor.
- Use a clean electric razor every time you shave. Preferably, you can clean the razor with disinfected lukewarm water. Or, use a mini brush to blow out any stubble on the razor.
- If you are a novice, don’t try to shave your head without using a mirror.
- Don’t try to use a safety razor or straight edge. These may cause severe injuries on your head.
- While using the vibrating razor heads to clear the stubble, avoid pressing the razor too hard. As good electric razors are efficient, you just need to move your hand gently.
- After the shave, take a good shower. While taking a shower, do not use any harsh soap on the head. It may cause the skin to go dry, making you feel extreme irritation.
- Rub a good aftershave to make the skin fresh. The lotion will also repair any mild damage done by the razor.
- Protect your bald head from sun exposure. If you need to go out in the sun, apply a good quality sunscreen lotion, or simply wear a hat. Bald heads are prone to sunburns.
- Keep your skin always moisturized to have healthy and glowing skin.
So, now you have the hang on how to shave your head with an electric razor.
- How to Shave Beard Without Shaving Cream – Suggestions With Pictures
- Best Electric Head Shaver 2020 – Reviews and Buyer’s Guide
- Best Beard Trimmers 2020 – Reviews and Buyer’s guide
- Best Nose Hair Trimmers 2020 – Reviews and Buying Guide
- Best Bikini Trimmer – Reviews and Buyer’s Guide
- 10 Best Hair Clippers – Reviews and Buyer’s Guide
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.